About Tri 2 Listen
Knowledgable host, Suzanne Atkinson, MD has interviewed the famous and the lesser known icons of the sport of triathlon and other endurance sports, including Mark Allen, Gwen Jorgensen, Bobby McGee, Terry Laughlin, Jamie Turner and more. We hope that you will not only be entertained but also “try to listen” for insightful and educational moments that will help you in your own journey to Tri.
Joe Friel – Training for Life
In this episode, Joe Friel takes time out of his busy day to chat with me about his latest book called “Ride Inside: The Ultimate Guide”. We also talk about a number of additional topics including all of the folloiwng:
- Joe’s recent books, “Fast after Fifity” and “Ride Inside”
- Issues with aging athletes:
- Vo2 Max, muscle mass and fat gain
- How Joe researches his books
- How research on baby boomers has changed athletics
- Incorporating data from wearables on training and lifestyle stress
- Training using art for data reluctant athletes
- Diet choices for endurnace athetes
- Genetics and Metabolism
- Organizing Joe’s Research Notes
- The new book Ride Inside – How it came about
- Joe’s next book … for coaches
- Joe’s two favorite workouts & trainign for life
Episode 9 | 54 minutes
Pete Jacobs: What I Believe vs What I Know
Steven Seiler: The Right Balance
Charlotte Brynn: The Swimming Hole
Amy Dixon: The Waiting Game
Thad Beatty: Music that Moves
Bobby McGee: Primal Running
Alexandria Paul: Baywatch to Ironman & Beyond
New Episodes Weekly
Tune in and learn something new!
Want to Suggest a Guest?
Make a Suggestion
Stay Connected to Get The Latest Podcast Alerts
Get In Touch
We’d love to hear from you, whether it’s feedback from an episode or an idea for a guest!
Join Us Now
The Tri 2 Tribe
In our private Facebook group, you can interact with the shows host and producers, discuss episodes, and suggest new guests. We’ll do our bests to have guests join our group for a short Q&A as well. You can also choose to follow the show’s page to receive updates about guests and episodes.